Goan Salmon With Cucumber Raita
For the Recheado Paste
4 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 lime, juiced
For the Cucumber Raita
150ml natural yoghurt
1 cucumber, grated
Small bunch of mint, chopped
1 tsp salt
200g white basmati rice
Small bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- Combine all the ingredients for the recheado paste in the jug of a blender, process to a smooth paste, and rub all over the salmon. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 4 hours.
- Place the rice in a solid container and cook on the top shelf of the steam oven at 100° for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, squeeze as much water as possible from the cucumber and mix with the rest of the raita ingredients, check the seasoning and set aside.
- Put the salmon fillets on a perforated container and steam alongside the rice for 5 minutes at 90°.
- To serve, spoon the rice as the base onto a platter, place the salmon on top, sprinkle with coriander and serve together with the raita.